Fast delivery to your door
100's of pest solutions available
Help & advice available
The high temperatures and lack of rain that we are currently experiencing can lead to a higher than usual number of wasps in and around our homes this year.
Whilst the sight of a wasp or wasps’ nest can be alarming, it is important to remember that they are not actively looking to sting you. We have pulled together a list of dos and don’ts to help our customers out this year!
- Seal any potential entry points in your home such as cracks or holes, not only will this prevent wasps from coming in and building nests in the loft, but it will also help to keep the heat in during the winter. Door or window curtains will also prevent any unwanted visitors.
- Check any sweet drinks before you drink them, wasps have a particular habit of flying into canned drinks and getting trapped.
- Invest in some outdoor covers for your food.
- Collect ripe and fallen fruit from your tree as often as you can.
- Try to swat them away, you’re far more likely to be stung if you antagonize a wasp.
- Wear bright colours, especially yellow. Wasps are also attracted to strong fragrances like perfume or aftershave.
- Leave food and leftovers uncovered outside.
- Go barefoot in the garden.
The Big Cheese has a variety of lethal and non-lethal solutions that can help you to combat any Wasp issues that you may encounter. Pest Control – Problem Solved.
We'd like to connect you to your local The Big Cheese retailer - please let us know your postcode to do so.
We won't store this information for any other purpose